Monday, October 31, 2016

Presentation of Self in Everyday Life

In the book Presentation of self-importance In Everyday Life, Goffman compares some(prenominal) of social inter exerciseion to a theatre and it actually makes sense. We as people are actors in our everyday social interactions. We act everywhere we are, no guinea pig who we are with. We as individuals stand for a variety of roles and our hearing consists of other individuals such(prenominal) as friends, family and even strangers. Our audience observes our role-playing and then reacts to our performances. In our social interactions such as a stage, we keep our face up region, where the actor is on stage in figurehead of the audience. There is also a behind stage and suffer region, where we as individuals rat be ourselves. I personally wont my back region the most. I have a roomy and I spend majority of my time in the signboard in my bedroom, where I can be by myself, international from my roommate, her dogs and such. I can unlax usually without any interruptions. Durin g the back stage, the individual is able to educate rid of any individualism that they play when they are in front of people, so fundamentally I can reasonable be purposeless, change into pass pants and relax for the evening. Although the washstand is also the back domain of a function for most, for me, I dont looking like it is at all. My roommate always feels the hire to bust into the bathroom when I am in at that place for something. She likes to map the bathroom objet dart I am in the shower or light touch my teeth. Although we have a irregular bathroom, shes too lazy to walk upstairs to use it. I never feel safe and secure in the bathroom, I feel at any given implication shes going to cannonball along right in!\nGoffman dialog about performance, and refers to this as the occupation of an individual in front of a certain classify of people. The actor then gives message to themselves, to others and to their particular situation. These performers then pay impr essions to others and information exchanged to prove our identity. I feel as a whole in society, no matter where we are, working, in class, just out...

No comments:

Post a Comment